We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Simple but full of lots of food and football. Cowboys won which made it even better. I some times have a hard time being away from the majority of our families on holidays but the slower simpler days with our crew here work out nicely too. We had like a million side dishes and the yummiest cranberry apple sangria there ever was. Last year I made a sweet potato casserole for the first time and it was a favorite this year. I never ate sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving growing up because I didn't like it with marshmallows. I like the two separate but not together. So I tried this new recipe full of brown sugar and pecans. Yum!
| Our Thankful Tree |
I came home and we literally stayed in pajamas all day. We ate lots of leftovers and camped out to watch the Netflix release of Gilmore Girls. We sped through all four "seasons". We loved it... ended with some surprise..disappointment...and confusion. But it was perfect.
On Saturday we went to get our Christmas tree. We do an artificial one upstairs and a real one downstairs. While I dream of being able to drive to a Christmas tree farm in the snow to cut down our tree, every year we go to Home Depot instead. They always have a great selection and are well taken care...That is until this year. The selection was not great and many of them were already turning brown. So we went a little further down the road and chose one from a little tent that was set up in an empty parking lot. They had great selection and had the nicest people running it. And my house smells glorious.
Lots of other odds and ends took place to close out our weekend. But here we are with a new week. It is officially Christmas season. The Christmas music is blaring and the excitement has filled the air. The house is decorated and I'm ready to bake!
My favorite time of year. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment