Ever week I tell myself I want to blog more and then well life happens and I find myself wondering where the day went at eleven o'clock at night under the burden of all the things that didn't get done for the day. We really try not to be so busy. I think business can be damaging for families sometimes when life is always about obligations and events without any down time. With five children though it is just hard. Someone always has a wellness check, a sports game and or practice, or event. We are much more conscience about our free time though and have realized that it is okay to say no to an invite every so often. Some may say that perhaps we should stop enrolling in sports so much. Well each kiddo gets to choose a sport for the season and because we have so many it seems like we are literally at games all weekend. We enjoy the games but also some of our best afternoons are the kids being out in the front yard shooting hoops, riding bikes, and just enjoying outside. Since we also homeschool, we are't dealing with the hustle and hurry of pick up and dropoffs and carlines and such. After our library trip the other day, we took a walk near the river simply to soak up some Vitamin D and enjoy. All about balance.
This week I hurt my foot pretty badly. Hubby has some shelves that he is planning on installing in our garage. They were propped up against the wall and when I was in there, one randomly fell over directly on top of my foot. It wasn't a complete break but there was damage. My foot was swollen to Fred Flinstone size proportions and I was in extreme pain. The bruising has set in and while the pain is not as extreme as it was initially the swelling is still there and fitting a shoe on has been interesting. You don't realize how much you are on your feet until you can't be on your feet anymore. While I have had fun delegating from the couch all week, my brain is over it. I need to get things done!
I wanted to add an additional comment about my last post on all the fakeness going around. I realized after the fact that it sounded pretty negative. I don't want to portray that I am carrying around all this negativity because I really am not. We are in our own little world with our brood of kiddos living and enjoying as much we can. Sometimes I come here to vent out my thoughts and that what it was. When I come across these type of people I simply get frustrated. Life is hard enough as it is. Motherhood, Parenthood is hard enough as it. Just being a person is hard. So why add to it you know?
Well thanks for reading along and cheers to a great weekend. Here is a picture of our sunshine girl finding out how delicious her little piggies are <3

No comments:
Post a Comment