Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Randoms

Not a whole lot going on over the past week-

-we are all getting over some nasty sickness bug that our household was graced with when he had the little man's party last week. I know who got us sick but I won't be pointing any fingers lol. Its the worse when you are all congested and have sinus pressure but even worse when you are a one year old and haven't quite learned how to blow your nose.

-With all the emotions of little man turning one I kind of let the celebration of my own personal goal slip by. I had a personal goal of making it to one year for breastfeeding my son. It has nothing to do with my thoughts or opinions on breastfeeding versus bottle feeding but it is a personal decision I made when I was pregnant. For me, I felt it was better for my son and frankly less expensive! I made my goal of one year and am very proud of myself. It can sometimes be rough. You have to learn how to graciously nurse in public, you have to put up with the pain of it initially (and when teeth come in), and basically treat your body as though you're still pregnant by watching what you eat and drink and such. But we stuck with it and I couldn't be happier and am very appreciative of the extra bonding it gives us.

-I have a minor obsession with pajamas for little man. He is now at the age to wear the little two piece pajamas that are snug and adorable and make his bottom look extra poufy with the diaper. I also like the footed pajamas. I am so glad the weather finally cooled down so he could wear them instead of just wearing a onesie to bed when it was so darn hot. 



-speaking of weather... although it is somewhat cooler here I am still disappointed with the weather. I have lived her for 4 years now you would think I would be used to it but I'm still complaining. I want true fall weather and a true winter. Still doing research on Colorado and will hopefully have a decision soon! Of course weather is not the only reason I want to move. There are many other factors. Lots of things will have to fall into place for a move like that but hey, where there is a will there is a way.

This was the forecast in Colorado Springs this week. :)

38°F | °C
SunMonTueWed
ClearSunnyPartly CloudySnow Showers
Clear


Wind: N at 8 mph


Humidity: 71%54°34°65°38°64°28°30°21°

-Last week my hubby and I went out to a movie without our son. We rarely ever do this. It was nice but it is still very hard for me to leave him. I just have issues with anxiety and such and will work on it but I am much more comfortable taking him with us. Hubby and I still have our alone time and will catch up on dvr'd shows or watch a movie at home after kiddo is asleep. It works for us but maybe not everyone. We watched Paranormal Activity 3 by the way which was scary but I was disappointed in the lack details tying it to the series. 

-I thank the Lord for another week. Another week I get to be a mommy to my wonderful son and wife to by handsome husband. :)



Happy Halloween- hope everyone has a fun, safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment