About certain time frame ago, I was a mess. A mess as in I was lost, angry, hurt, and confused by the world. I was young in the sense of being immature and selfish. This was before my son and before my husband (although I already knew him). I was making mistakes, living life as though I was invincible, and didn't care who I hurt. I wasn't hurting anyone intentionally but through my actions I hurt people without even realizing I was doing so. I don't like admitting these things and sometimes wish I could take it all back. Obviously I can't do so, if only things were that simple. I reflect on this time though because of what it taught me and how it made me into the person that I am today.
I made so many mistakes and not to say I don't make any now but my major take away from it was to take mistakes as lessons. Learn from what your mistake taught you and move on. Don't repeat the same mistakes thinking that there might be a different outcome the second time around. If you make the mistake more than once it no longer becomes a mistake. It is intentional. Take responsibility for your mistakes. Attempt to make things right to the best of your ability.
Cut out the negativity from your life. Sometimes this means cutting negative people out of your life as well. There are those people that always have drama, always have some way of making you feel like less of a person. There are those that make you question your own values and beliefs. Get rid of things that are more of a burden or strain to you. Get rid of friends that don't value your friendship as much as you do theirs. If you are in a relationship where you are unhappy more than you are happy the majority of the time then it isn't a relationship to fight for. Remember you can't change a person. People can change if they want to but they need to do it on their own and for themselves.
Forgive yourself. This is something that was/is so hard for me. Sometimes I still struggle with it. Forgive yourself for your mistakes and shortcomings. Vow to become a better person. Be someone that leaves you feeling proud and content at the end of the day. Forgive yourself so you love the life you have been blessed with. Forgive yourself because frankly you can't change the past, you can only set a path for the future.
Forgive others. All of those people that have hurt you and broke you, made you feel small and worthless, or simply just made you mad as hell, forgive them. Let go of the ugly negative feelings and hope that those people find their way. In fact pray for them that they do.
Have faith in something. You may not be religious or have a certain faith that you follow. Just find something that brings you peace and gives you hope and have faith in that. I have become more religious in recent years because I found that having faith helps me. It helps with all of the above and because I know that He is the reason I found a new path in life.
At least make an attempt at being a good person. Be a good friend, be there for your friends when you can, be trustworthy and understanding. Be a good partner. Know that no relationship is perfect so find a middle ground in not expecting too much while still expecting enough. If you are a parent, be someone that your child can look up to and respect. Be their friend but set boundaries. Above all make them feel safe and loved.
Again I reflect on this time of my life because of how it made me the person I am now. I may not be right in my thoughts above nor do I live a perfect life now. I just know that I feel much more at peace and content. I no longer feel lost or unsure or in fear. I seek understanding from certain people in my life on why I live the way I do. At my lowest point, I vowed to change my habits. I vowed to reach for goals and live life a certain way. I live for my son, my husband, and family. I live for myself. There are certain things I want out of life and I want to live it a certain way. Know that I truly only have the best intentions although it may not come across that way all the time. You may not agree with it but respect the way I choose to live, choose to be a mom, and choose to be a wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment