Another month older this week. 14 months of having the pleasure of being your mommy. I reflected on some things today. Every year around the holidays there is always some strong emotion. I don't really have a word for it but it is a mixture of hope for what the new year is bringing along with sadness about everything that the previous year brought. But this year looking back at the first year of you I am overwhelmed with what I am feeling. There were the holidays celebrated with you, your baptism, your many firsts and milestones, and of course your first birthday. It is a year I reflect on with a heavy heart because I can never get it back but I am also so amazed at the person you have become.
These past few months your babble is nonstop. You sit there and have "conversations" with me all day. You also sing and dance. You insist that I sing itsy bitsy spider five times in a row before I can stop.You are not only walking but running through the house. You love playing in the kitchen while I cook simply because you get to clear out all the cabinets because there is such fun stuff to play with in there. I guess you have been watching mommy and daddy watch sports for too long because now you sit there and yell at the tv when there is a game on as if you know what is going on. You now understand so many more commands, as in when I say go get me your ball, your water, or snack, you know what I am saying and you go. You are also understanding the word "no" so much better now. I was getting worried for a second there. :)
You did awesome with the Christmas tree and knew not touch or pull on it. You were not a fan of Santa as I mentioned previously. You are so much fun and make mommy and daddy laugh all the time. Thank you.
Happy fourteen months, Merry Christmas my love, and I cannot wait to see what 2012 brings for us!
Aww, he is adorable!!!! The time passes by so fast, doesn't it.
ReplyDelete