Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holidays and a New Year

This past few weeks have been a whirlwind of shopping, decorating, baking, family, and travel. I loved it all but I am glad to be able to finally breathe a little bit. Christmas was awesome. We had our first Christmas here in our home as a mini family. Then we traveled to our home town the day after and spent the new year there as well. We received so many awesome gifts. I love each and every one of them and am very grateful. The magic of Christmas through a child's eyes is truly something special and I am so blessed to have my little man to experience each of those little moments.



walking to see what Santa brought him!


So this Santa guy brought me toys?          

    
Cheers to a new year!

I got two kisses at midnight!


The new year is here and like everyone else for me it brings new hope and faith in everything. 2011, although an awesome year with many blessings, was also a teaching year. My husband and I had to learn many different aspects of parenting, this being our first time and all. We had to learn how to adjust to life on just one income with our decision for me to stay at home. This was a big lesson not so much that it was difficult but in that it truly affects every way of living, how the household is ran and maintained, our grocery bill, travel plans, etc. We had to learn how to maintain and nurture our marriage now that we have a child. This will be a ever continuing one but it is something to constantly learn from.



In the new year I hope to make some positive changes in my life. I want to learn to manage time better. I tend to procrastinate and although most everything gets done eventually it ends up being very stressful. I want to manage my time better so I have more time to spend with the people I love and doing the things I love to do. 

I also would like to get in shape. I know I know that is what everyone says but for my situation it is a little bit different. I actually lost all the baby weight in 2011 plus a little more but my body is still not in shape. I need to firm some things lol. I will have to tie this goal into my time management because of course this is another thing that will take time out of my day. 

My most important goal/resolution is to simply let go of and stay away from negativity. This sounds broad and it does cover many things. Negativity is everywhere unfortunately. It is on social media with what people comment or say. It is on tv. Sometimes unfortunately in my life it is with family and friends. Everyone is quick to judge. Judge on personal choices, parenting styles, career choices, etc. I have also been guilty of judging at times too. I have even seen people on blogs have to defend themselves as far as what they wrote about or pictures they posted because they receive an ugly comment on a post. I just need to stay focused. I need to surround myself with people that love me and make me happy and help mold me into a better person, and above all respect my lifestyle choices and way of living. I need to let go of people and situations that are negative or make me question myself. There is no room or time to be negative. 

I look forward to whatever 2012 holds for my family and take each day as it comes. Futures can be scary because there is always fear of the unknown but in the future there is also hope for greatness. Happy 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun!! Lucky you. great pictures. I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such sweet pictures! I think staying away from negativity is a great resolution, I should make that one.

    ReplyDelete