The reason I blog is because I find writing to be theraputic. I like sharing pictures of my life so that my family most of whom live out of town can be updated on and get to see little man. It makes me happy to write about everyday life and of things that I am passionate or opinionated about. This past week I haven't been able to write simple because being happy was a hard thing to do. I hate saying that because simply waking up to my wonderful handsome husband and precious perfect little man should be enough to shine happiness on any bad day but unfortunately it was still a hard thing to do.
This past week has been one of the hardest in all of my adult life. I don't wish to share in all the details of the events that took place but they were enough to rattle our lives, hurt us, and simply make us question where do we go from here. I can say though that one event didn't have anything to do with another which doesn't make anything easier.
I understand that life isn't always easy and that there will always be tough times. Suffering is needed in order to have compassion and to be grateful. I do not like questioning my faith because faith is what ultimately gets us through. Unfortunately though in time of tears it is rather difficult to not question why this, why now, or why me. Those are questions though without any answers. I, we, just have to accept that there is a bigger plan, one which we have no knowledge of but somehow know is there.
I have written before about not taking life for granted. It sounds so cliche and many people find it hard to live that way when there are jobs to go to, bills to be paid and errands to be ran. Life gets busy and cluttered and we simply forget. Then things happen and we realize time has been wasted, mistakes have been made, and the simple joyous aspects of life have been forgotten.
At the end of the day myself, little man, and the husband are all healthy. We have so many things to be grateful for because we have been blessed in so many ways. This week happened for a reason. We have learned, we have grown stronger, and we have trusted in our faith that we will move forward and enjoy the wonderful life that we have been given. Life is difficult and sometimes almost unbearable but as I lay here listening to the soft breathing of the two men in my life I know there is a bigger picture. I know there is a bigger plan and that God only gives us what he knows we can handle.
So again, without being all preacherish, remember that life is too short. Do what makes you happy, live as though there is no tomorrow. Enjoy the little things, count your blessings, and remember that rainstorms are apart of life. Eventually they will clear up and the sun will come out and make it all okay.
And if you have the time, say a little prayer to help our family as we heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment