Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Eggs

With Easter coming up, I decided to let little man color some eggs. Initially I thought he might be too small to do so but ended up saving some egg shells over the past few weeks so we could give it a go. Since I was worried about his age and the putting of things in his mouth and the mess and such, I was on the hunt for alternative ways to color the eggs. Yet again Pinterest came to the rescue. I found this:
Source




Being inexpensive and different, I thought why not. (kool-aid packs are like 15 cents each and the little containers were found at the dollar store.) Simple solid colors are perfect for him right now so the detailed art masterpieces of easter eggs will have to come later :) I followed her directions although I opted to go with just egg shells rather than hard boiled ones. I like to fill them with confetti!










Over all I was pleased. It wasn't too messy because I kept it contained to his high chair. My kitchen stayed smelling sweet and I didn't have to mess with dyes or vinegar. With the exception of one crushed egg shell, little man had fun and we were also able to do a "lesson" in the different colors.

Happy Easter!

-J--

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, I love being able to exclude the vinegar and what a cutie! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful alternative for a youngster! My little granddaughter will love doing this next year - she'll be 2 then and can't wait, already!
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete