Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rest in Peace

It is with a heavy heart on this Mother's day that I say goodbye to my Grandma. She lost her battle with cancer today. Although with this disease we knew that that day would eventually come nothing prepares a person for the loss of a loved one. Nothing prepares you for the emptiness and hurt that you feel and the wonder of what happens now. How do you continue on in your everyday world knowing that they are no longer here?

I moved away from my hometown years ago so unfortunately she was not apart of my everyday life and sadly I took for granted that she would always be here. But she was always a phone call away. Always one that would be there when I would visit. Always one that I knew thought about me and prayed for me and wanted the best for me as she did for all of her grandchildren. She was always there with a joke about Leroy (inside joke).

So on this Mother's day I ask that you pray for my family. Pray for my great-grandma who loses a daughter on Mother's day. Pray for my mother, aunt, and uncle who loses their mother. And pray for the rest of our family as we grieve.

I know and although it is hard to continue to have faith, I know she is in a wonderful place looking over everyone, a place where her body is healed and free from this thing.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Give an extra hug to your children, your mothers and your grandmothers.

May you rest in peace-love you-

-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment