Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The decision

I wrote awhile back on making the decision of when to expand your family. I went over the things to take into consideration, timing, etc.


A decision like this is very different for each family. Factors, circumstances, timing, etc vary by situation so there is no right or wrong way. For us there were many factors such as timing and our personal goals for other aspects in our life. Simply we also just felt like we were ready and that it was time. Little man will be two a few months before baby is due to arrive and it is important to us for our children to be close in age.


Now I talk about these factors and timing and everything but that is really only part of the control. Ultimately we aren't the ones that have final control. This is something we learned early on. It didn't take long to get pregnant but we definitely found out that things weren't going to be as simple or easy as the first time. I don't wish to go into details on that but I will say that it was proven that things weren't completely in our control. This was way different from having little man because with him we got pregnant first time, first try!


It happened for us though and we are very excited. Initially I did freak out but only because of my thoughts when it came to little man. This decision changes his life. Of course it changes ours too but as adults we are more able to adapt to change. With him, his little toddler mind might take awhile to understand what is going on. In my head I briefly worried about upsetting the life he knows. The family life of him being only child. The concept of now having to share mommy and daddy(and his toys lol) But in the end I know that he will adjust. I have faith in us as parents to handle everything appropiately.

Whether planned or not, nothing really prepares a person for that positive line on a pregnancy test. That one little line or two lines or word depending on the type of test is cause for shock on some level no matter the situation. After my initial shock then came the excitement. The excitement of bringing another life into the world. The excitement of hope and faith that a child brings. The excitement of having another product of mine and my husbands love. Its real and its happening. :)

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment