Little man is continuing to grow and learn and bring much joy to our lives. When I found out I was pregnant I started thinking about time. How long ago it had been since I was last pregnant, how old he was, how much time he got to be an only child. Time has just flown by and is pretty hard to put into words how sometimes it is hard to comprehend it.
We are in the process of potty training put for now we are taking a relaxed approach to it. I know many people say to just get it done and don't drag it on but we decided to not take that approach to it. We have familiarized him with his own mini potty and also with the big one. He will sometimes tell us he needs to go before he does. He is awesome at using it in the mornings. Once he turns two we will reevaluate where he is at and change or modify our approach at that time.
His language is growing by leaps and bounds. Sometimes he will say things that I am amazed and sometimes even confused as to where he learned it. Of course there are many words that probably only me and the hubby understand because we have decoded them over time. But there are many things he says on his own and also uses multiple word sentences. He will ask for food or drink when he is hungry or thirsty by saying "drink", "milk", "eat", or "cheeekin". This kid loves chicken. He knows most of his body parts and will say "back" and sit in front of me so I can give him a mini massage. He will say "play" when he wants me or the hubby to get on the floor and play with him. He also knows on and off but says up for both up and down. One thing he does that I love, although for the most part is prompted, is say please and thank you. He says hi and bye and will tell you over the phone too. He says "I did it" when he is proud of something he just did. He blows kisses all the time.
Right now he is loving the water. Swimming and long baths are a constant around here. His eating is hit or miss. Some days he eats everything in site other days not so much. He has really taken to milk. Since he was breastfed for so long he wanted nothing to do with regular milk. He hasn't breastfed for a few months now and is just now coming around to loving it.
I really didn't mean for this to just be a stats update but when I sit back and reflect on how he is growing I want to document it all.
Everyday I thank God for blessing me with him. He is such a happy beautiful boy. He makes me and the hubby laugh all the time. I look forward to the little person he will grow into. I also want to add that this a really a fun age.
I can't wait to see him as a big brother!
--J--
He is adorable, Justine! I am glad that you are enjoying being a "mommy" to such a sweet boy. May you have a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery :)
ReplyDelete