This week we are hitting the 12 week mark. Time goes so slow but also so fast. When I was pregnant last time there was no little person in my life to take care of. I napped when I needed to, propped my feet up and relaxed in the glory of my blooming belly. This time around- not so much.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Its just with little man there is no such thing as down time. There is no napping whenever I feel the need to. (although hubby tries to help with this as much as possible) There is no relaxing and resting. But having little man around does make time go by fast. Sometimes I look at the calendar and wonder how we will get everything done and ready before baby arrives in the winter.
As with my last pregnancy, morning sickness graced me with its presence at around the six week mark. Last time the severity of it passed at about the 10 week mark. I would still get certain episodes of it throughout but never as bad as it was. This time around here we are at the 12 week mark and it is still here...still going strong. I am much more sensitive to foods, especially dairy. Dairy is does not exist in my diet right now because of how upset it makes me. I am loving anything sour and or salty just like I did last time. This time around I am loving all veggies and can't get enough of them. Last time I had somewhat of an aversion to them.
My energy is finally coming back. There were a few weeks there that I couldn't get off the bed/and or couch. I would reserve any energy for little man and would get tired so quickly. As you could imagine, my house was in disaster status. Slowly I am starting to get better and actually am able to get things done around the house in addition to little man. I have even been able to get back to my daily walks.
I don't have any belly pics yet because I haven't really popped. (i also haven't fell well enough to get ready most days but I will get there) This was taken a few weeks back.
Since we have announced our news, many people make comments about how they hope it is a girl so I can have one of each. While I would love a girl, I would also love another boy. Girls are a whole other experience to go through and I hope one day I will experience it but on the same note I also know the boy experience and have had the blessing of the mother/son relationship. In complete honesty I will be happy with either. We will be finding out the gender- we are impatient people!
Little man is starting to follow our lead a bit more. I have taught him to point to my belly when I say where is the baby. We also include him as much as possible and even take him to our doctor's appointments. Sometimes those are somewhat adventurous to deal with but it works for us.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment