We recently took little man to his first swim lesson. I have to be honest that I initially was hesitant thinking that the lessons might be a waste of money for his age. I was completely wrong. The lessons get the kiddos familiar with the water, teaches them to blow bubbles in the water, and does different activities that include singing songs. Singing songs is always a good thing at this age.
There is an activity that has them sit on the edge of the pool and sing a song while they get ready to jump in. The whole point is that they have to wait till the song is over and the adult with them say go to jumping in. Basically teaching them that they need to wait to have parent's permission to jump in by themselves. They also learn to inch along the wall and to use their body to climb out. The climbing out concept is something that little man is a tad young for but he'll get it.
The class is a mommy and me class but this pregnant constantly sick mommy was not able to do so Dad stepped up! Don't worry, he wasn't the only daddy there.
They also have a little contraption for a slide. This was little man's favorite activity.
Overall I was thrilled with the lesson and will be going back for more. In Texas swimming is a must in the summers. I want him to learn eventually and at least be comfortable while also learning some rules.
--J--
No comments:
Post a Comment