Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bed rest Happenings

I have had to find different ways to entertain myself considering the situation but it has all worked out okay.

I have been speeding through my reading material... going through stacks of magazines and a few books. You can ask me any question about celebrities because with some of the magazines plus my internet usage I probably know too much about their lives. I am troubled about the whole Twilight couple getting back together in real life. Like its cool that he can forgive but that was awfully fast... lol . I did finish the most recent Nicholas Sparks book "Best of Me". I have read all of his books and it has to be one of my favorites but also one of the saddest...or maybe its just because I am so much more hormonal right now. I gave in and am now reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I just didn't jump on the bandwagon when it first came out because honestly from what I was hearing about I was a little scared/intimidated. But curiosity got the best of me and once the make the movie I will want to watch. I just started so lets see...
every so often I would find this when I turned the page..i wonder who got a hold of it.

I started crocheting as well. A long time ago my great grandma taught me and I was surprised that I was able to pick it back up. I only know the basic single stitch and am trying to look for tutorial on how to do different stitches and styles but haven't come across one that works for me. Any tips?

I am also doing different crafts and such. I was hoping to get alot of scrapbooking done because I had fallen a bit behind on little man's portion.That is not working so well. Every time I ask my husband to bring out my supplies little man catches on and he just can't resist on "I do it" and wants to try it all. I was doing a layout on one of my pages and he grabbed a picture and took a highlighter to it. I would try to do it when he naps but he naps next to me and I would much rather snuggle up next to him instead. Oh and he is not napping everyday any more either...

We did this little Halloween craft. I came across the original idea on Pinterest and love anything with mini hand and foot prints. We got some craft pumpkins to paint and then I will probably start Christmas things.

I am probably watching too much tv as well but it is what it is. We recently got into the show Scandal. My hubby and I love it! We caught up on last season through netflix. It's awesome. I also love that during the day MTV plays old episodes of Boy Meets World. I love that show! They also play Saved by the Bell which I like but now looking back.. that show was very corny!

Thank you for listening to my list of randoms on my boring days that my life is right now!

1 comment:

  1. Crochet - 'Stitch and Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker.' If you already know how to do the basic crochet stitch (single crochet) I don't think you'll have any trouble picking up the rest of them from this book. Your library should have it, or it's pretty cheap on amazon.

    I LOVE the plate!

    ReplyDelete