Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The blessing of a birthday

On a daily basis I thank the Lord for blessing me with the ability to become a mother and a wife. There are many things important to me in life but it is these two things that are at the top of the list...these two things that are my reasons for being. 

Two years ago I was blessed to become a mother. I know some people think they become a mother once they find out that they are expecting, and I get that because all of a sudden you have to take care of your body, eat right, etc but it is just something on a whole other level once they place that squirmy, slimy, baby in your arms. Your heart grows to levels you never thought possible. You experience a variety of emotions from excitement, anxiety, love, and maybe even fear. And just like that your world has completely changed. 

Two years ago I was blessed with this beautiful little boy who is the magic of my life. He is this little man that has energy for days, has the sweetest little giggle, knows how to tug at mama's heart strings, and also knows how to test her patience. He is his father's mini me. 

At two years old, his language has exploded over the past month or so. He talks to us in sentences, asks questions, makes requests, and literally holds conversations. He knows the majority of his ABC's... not all of them and really likes just skipping to L M N O P... he also knows the majority of his numbers from 1-15 but likes to skip number 5. We are working on colors and shapes... and are about halfway there. He says his favorite shape is triangle. He is finally eating normally and not thinking that he can survive on two bites a day. We occasionally treat him to chocolate milk but he calls regular milk chocolate milk too. We are slowly making the attempt at potty training. He shows all the signs of being ready with the exception of one. He has made pretty good effort and once we get over the last obstacle we will be good to go... my bed rest also but a kink in the effort. 

Speaking of my bed rest, I am absolutely amazed at how he has handled it in his little mind. He adjusted perfectly and even taught himself how to climb on my high bed to lay or play next to me. 

So again I thank the Lord for blessing me with this little person... blessing me as his mother. I thank him for the love, joy, and hope for the future that my little man brings to my life. I thank the Lord for blessing me with another year with my son. 

Happy Birthday little man! Thank you for everything you are and for making our lives so wonderfully full.

--J--

No comments:

Post a Comment