Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bump Watch

Here I am about to be 37 weeks! That means I am technically considered full term while ten weeks ago I was just happy to make it to each following week. I am so thankful that I have made it this far and that all the complications simply stopped or weakened. Power of prayer? Power of my body? Or simply  that little man inside decided to obey me when I told him to stay put? I think it is a combinations of all of the above. So no more restrictions! Here's hoping that I have a normal, uncomplicated delivery.

I would like to say that I am feeling awesome and that my body is still going strong. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case. While I don't do pregnancy well as it is, I am also having many aches and pains that I didn't have last time. Every bone and muscle in my body hurts. There are many instances of outright pain. I already have lots of braxton hicks and even a few regular contractions.

I feel like I am much bigger than I was with my first little man but everyone around me says that is not the case. Weight gain is the same as it was with him I just feel so much bigger. It may be because I am carrying so much lower this time.

I think I am done with cravings. I haven't really had anything major that I crave. I do have this thing with tea. I love tea normally but right now I just really want the Nestea brand tea that comes in the bottle already flavored with lemon... I also feel like I had an aversion to turkey on Thanksgiving. I just didn't want it and couldn't really eat the little that I served myself, so my Thanksgiving meal was a whole bunch of side dishes.

My husband is still doing awesome. He was doing some online reading about where I am at in the pregnancy and simply said "I'm excited to be a dad again." Well I would hope so.

Little man has come back around to the idea. We had a week or two where he was saying no he didn't want baby to come, he wants him to stay in my belly. Now he is back talking to him and saying to come out. His most recent thing is predicting that he is coming next week.

Speaking of when he is coming... I am not offficially due until the week of Christmas. Part of me wishes he would come a tad earlier so that I have a squishy baby to snuggle on Christmas but another part of me is okay if he makes a fashionably late arrival letting little man enjoy another Christmas on his own. Either way... nursery is ready, clothes are washed, and car seat is clean. He can come whenever he is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment