Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ten years

Recently on my facebook feed a post popped up about a high school reunion. MY high school reunion. Ten years since I graduated high school? There is no way that is even possible. I mean sure I have since gotten married...had two kids...but no ten years hasn't gone by. Okay well it has. I am not sure if I will attend or not. I live out of town now. I have a family with two small children. Either way I spent some time thinking about the concept of ten years. Ten years of life. Ten years of good...bad...and everything in between. It is not about what has happened in the ten years but more about what that time has taught me...who that time has molded me into as a person...and what memories I have to show for it.

The past ten years I have learned...

-many things about friendships. I have learned the true meaning of friendship. I have learned that some people met that definition for me while others really let me down. I have learned that friendships -even though they have been real ones- fade over time and there is nothing wrong with that. I have also learned that some friends will become a friend in an instant. There is no timeframe needed to be a true friend.

-that mistakes are made in life. Everyone makes mistakes and you have to learn from them and move on. To add to that thought though there are sometimes consequences or events that result from those mistakes that you will have to live with the rest of your life.

-that it is really important to maintain your car properly

-that your life -as cliché as it sounds-can change in an instant. Car accidents happen in an instant. Words are spoken in an instant and once they are said that can't be unsaid. One instant someone is breathing...the next they are not.
Truth in anger.
-a phone call can change your life

- that walking down the aisle looking at the face of your groom is a high that is like no other

-being a homeowner is a lot of work..it is worth it but sometimes I just want to call the landlord you know?

-that happily ever after (for me anyways) comes in the form of ten tiny finger and ten tiny toes that I created with the man I love

-I should have taken advantage of sleep...once you have kids sleep is close to non existent

-that they do not make cartoons like they used to. The ones of our generation were so much better.

-I need to follow my instincts because so far in life my instincts have been right like 90% of the time
dont judge
-that the "problems" I thought I had in high school were nothing compared to real life

-that the rushing to grow up is silly..we want to hurry up and be 16..18..21..Then you hit 25 and you want life to slow down a bit (p.s. the older you get the slower your metabolism goes)

There are probably so many more things I have learned and so many more things that I will learn. But most importantly of all I have learned to count my blessings and say my prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment