Our littlest man recently turned six months old. I have to throw in the "time is going way too fast" bit because really? Half a year already? Some days I feel like I am still recovering from labor..Ha!
But six months and here we are. Our littlest man is developing quite the personality. He laughs and babbles and screams to make his presence known. He loves his big brother to pieces. No exaggeration, he just lights up when he sees him. Even at his check up he was calmed with his brother by his side. I love it!
We started solids at 5.5 months. We were going to wait it out until 6 months but little man was showing many signs of being ready including straight out grabbing at our food and bringing it to his mouth. Right away he was using the spoon and bringing it to his mouth. It is crazy how different each baby is.
He is also on the move. He is scooting backwards and rolling every which way. He gets on his knees and rocks. He blows bubbles with his mouth all day long. He is still nursing like a champ. He sleeps well over night and usually falls asleep pretty easy..but naps? His is a cat napper and will do short spurts throughout the day. That can get pretty frustrating with a toddler in the house but we try to roll with it as much as possible. His teething is getting pretty intense as well.
It being summer time we are doing lots of things involving water and swimming. Little man for a long time wanted nothing to with it. He would scream and yell. He has come a long way and is now actually enjoying being in the water and splashing.
Six months ago I became a mother two times over. Six months ago there was so much unknown because my pregnancy was so difficult and there were so many issues. But here we are...with a beautiful, healthy, little man. I thank my blessings every day. Happy half birthday little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment