We started off at the Fort Worth Zoo. I almost changed the plan for this one because it is so darn hot. But I was pleasantly surprised at how shaded this zoo is. It was also half price on the day we went so it was even better. It was a gorgeous zoo! In the evening we attended a little festival the city had going on with food, concerts, and activities.
We attended the local Fourth of July parade in Arlington.
In the evening we attended the Rangers baseball game. The toddler was in heaven! The baby liked it too but since it ran way past his usual bedtime we headed out towards the end of the game. We were still able to see fireworks from our car.
We finished up with some visits to some of our family that live in the area. We of course ate at restaurants that we can't find here which also included a trip to In N Out burger. I had never been before and I am so glad we tried it. Fattening fast food of course but very delicious. We also lunched at a food truck park. There were various food trucks set up in a shady area with lots of benches. Little man and I had a gourmet grilled cheese. It was awesome!
Over all the boys did awesome! They traveled well, slept well, and had fun. We spent the day today recovering and doing the dreadful travel loads of laundry.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment