I read something recently about the manner of how to live life. It talked about how it is important to measure life by the width of it, not the length. Many people pray or hope for a long life. But what is a long life if there is no substance to it. What is many years of living on this earth if you do not make the most of it all...
| from his fav movie |
I'm not just saying this because I should be the biased big sister... but I truly believe that while we are all saddened that my brother's life was way too short...he took everything he was given and maximized it to full potential. He never did things because it was the in thing, or because he was worried about what others thought. He didn't even always listen to what we as his family wanted or thought...sure he used us as guidance but he really did follow his heart and passion in everything he did. He traveled, experienced, lived. He made meaningful friendships and along with those, memories and awesome experiences.
So yes while his life was cut too short and there were things he wanted to do that he didn't get to, he passed away with no major regrets and with no time wasted. Before this happened, I would always talk about life being to short.. live it up.. surround yourself with love and things that make you happy. Now that this is happened- those thoughts just mean that much more... I need to be aware of my own life and choices I make. There are many times that I find myself saying or thinking... one day I will do that..maybe next time..next year..well it has been driven home.. there is nothing to wait for.. I have been blessed in my life.. I need to live it by width not by length and make my brother proud...
No comments:
Post a Comment