Wednesday, November 27, 2013

And I'm thankful

Over the past few weeks we have been reading Thanksgiving books with the toddler. They are just simple books about being grateful and thankful for the things in your life. So every night we talked about things in life he was thankful for. I usually got an answer like my brother or my dog..I got an occasional for you mom or for daddy. Then one night I got a very spirited "I'm thankful for Papa John's Pizza"! (now you know what we had for dinner that day) And you know what? I laughed. I'm okay with being thankful for little things like that. Ever since I lost my brother I struggle with people complaining about materialistic things..or "first world problems" so to speak. I'm guilty of doing it too but now I just see it that I would give all my material items back to have my brother here...

But materialistic, simplistic, or not, in the middle of my grief I am thankful...

I am thankful for the man I get to call my husband. I am thankful that he balances me out, loves me, and is so good to me and the kids. He makes me laugh and is pretty to look at too!

I'm thankful for my kiddos. Each one of them has a unique special personality that keeps me on my toes. They are parts of my heart running around outside of my body.

I am thankful for coffee...a starbucks is always good but a simple home brewed cup does the job too...

I am thankful for my house..the home we have made it into..the memories we have made in it

I am thankful for jobs.. both of us are able to work from home and be flexible for our family.

I am thankful for wine, peppermint m&ms, and good food!

I am thankful for our van.. I always swore I would never be a mini van person but it makes life so much easier with two bulky carseats and the crazy amounts of things we lug around with them.

I am thankful for playdates and parks, crafts and libraries, cartoons and movies.. and all the little things that keep my little men busy and happy...

I am thankful for friends..old and new..near and far... you all have been especially important in keeping us sane through this year..

I am thankful for family.. born into or not.. family is so very important.


And finally- I sincerely wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Pig out and have fun and enjoy your loved ones. I didn't know last Thanksgiving was my last with my brother... that is just the point..you never know...

Happy Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment