The weather has been absolutely beautiful. I love love love the cold and the fact that our area got the weather it did really helped to get my spirits up.
Friday we ventured out in the cold to go to the Christmas tree lighting in a small town over. Well Santa was there and the toddler was determined to see him . There was a line to see him so I began to worry that it might be too cold for the baby. So him and I ducked into a small coffee shop while daddy stood in line with the toddler. It was the cutest little coffee shop and extra bonus was there was someone inside doing some caroling.. Christmas music and coffee? Just right for me.
The next day I enjoyed an awesome breakfast with a few of my mommy friends and really had a good time. Then we had a birthday party to attend for one of the cutest little princesses I know. It is kind of hard to be sad when you are surrounded by some pretty adorable little ones.
At night the hubby and I enjoyed a date night out and went to see a movie. We saw "The Best Man Holiday". It was a great movie..really kept me laughing and included things I honestly didn't see coming.
Today we stayed in watching football by the fire and did a little decorating.
I don't like having to say that I have to make an effort at happiness...Right now as I am learning to navigate through my grief of missing my brother it does take an extra effort. I am ok with that. Thank you for sharing in my weekend activities.. Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment