Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bump Watch

Here I sit at 23 weeks! And within these last few weeks there have been major changes.

It seems as though baby inside has gone through a growth spurt or changed positions. All of a sudden I feel like I can't breathe as comfortably. Heart burn has made its ugly arrival and a bottle of Tums accompanies me everywhere I go. Movement is so much more defined now. For the past several weeks I felt all the light fluttery movements and now I get the hard kicks and jabs. My middle boy is a huge cuddler still so he will lay on top of me and little man inside likes to kick at him.

I am still having ridiculous food aversions. In my other pregnancies I never dealt with any of this. The sight of and even sometimes the mere thought of a certain food will have me gagging or even throwing up. Speaking of throwing up... morning sickness also made its return these past couple of weeks.. I think I got a whole 3-4 weeks of a break on that. Oh and I cut my hair! Every pregnancy it just seems to happen even if I try to talk myself out of it but it feels glorious to not have to do much with it.

I guess I am sounding like I am complaining but really I do feel good. I am still able to do lots of walking and some workouts. My hips are starting to get sore much quicker though. Sleep is not my friend right now for many reasons but the hubby gives me plenty of time to nap.

The little men outside my belly are doing awesome. The younger one is more needy than normal lately but I think it is due to impending changes about to happen and lovely teeth coming in. Oldest little man told me after his swim class the other day that he told his instructor he is going to have another little "brudder". He said it with such excitement that melted my heart.

We don't have to do much preparation since we already had a boy nursery set up. We do need a car seat and some other items that either didn't make it through the first two boys or things that we simply need another of since middle little man is still so young. I think we are finally at a point to start looking at some baby purchases... always exciting but another reminder of how fast time is going.

Hubby is also doing awesome. Sometimes we have some moments of "oh my they are going to out number us!" But overall we are excited. Since my two now look opposite we are curious to see how boy number 3 comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment