Monday, September 22, 2014

An arrival


Throughout the 40 weeks (41 in this case) of pregnancy I admit there were times where it was easy to forget the big picture sometimes. With each pregnancy I have been so very grateful and thankful for being able to conceive and carry my own children. I realize that it is not always so easy for some for various reasons. But throughout the months it is easy to complain. I seem to get every pregnancy symptom in the book so it's real easy for me... Oh the morning sickness..oh the heartburn..the fatigue.. The aches and pains..then in the last few weeks where being patient becomes so very difficult..

But then comes that moment... The moment where a baby is put into your arms and you get to hear that sweet baby take it's first breath of life and hear it's first cry. There are few moments in life that stay with you in such a defining way. By the grace of God I was able to experience it again. 

This past week after nearly 41 weeks of pregnancy and a long and slow labor...a beautiful 9 lb 6 oz baby boy came into the world. He was placed on my chest after letting out a soft cry. He is absolutely perfect. Stubborn but perfect. 




We were able to leave 24 hours later and go home to start our lives as a family of five. That part is always an adjustment. There isn't anyway to sugar coat it. Adding another family member that eats and sleeps and whose needs need to be met is not easy no matter how prepared you are. Big brothers are doing wonderful. Even middle dude who doesn't necessarily understand it all right now .. He's had his moments..and nights are a bit more difficult but over all it is going good. Daddy is just as in love with his third son as he is with his first. 

I'm recovering pretty well. Labor was my longest and slowest yet so my body took more of a beating. All worth it of course. I'm just exhausted.  Right now I'm stuck in the limbo of wanting to get out of the house due to cabin fever but also not wanting to deal with the haul of loading and unloading all of them. At this stage babies need more on outings.. I'll just stay in my bubble for awhile longer.

We thank everyone for their check ins ..well wishes.. Prayers and thoughts... We are extremely grateful and thankful for the people in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment