Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Two weeks in...

Ah October 1st. So the calendar says Fall but the weather is sitting at 90 degrees with high humidity. Gross.. Have I mentioned how I hate Texas weather.

Anyhow.. Here I sit two weeks (ish) into the whole being a mom to three kids. Some days are awesome and pretty and fluffy while others I feel like a zombie walking around my house. Not complaining at all.. Just speaking the truth.

It helps that the newborn is pretty laid back and only fusses when hungry. The first few nights he had his days and nights mixed up which were hard on my recovering body but for the most part we have figured it out. He is doing great nursing which is awesome but is refusing a pacifier. There are some pros and cons to the latter. He has some adorable little dimples with the chubbiest of cheeks and a head full of hair.  We are in love. 

I feel like I could sleep 24 hours straight through if I had the chance. This was one of my fears when I got pregnant was the whole lack of sleep thing. I am not one that does well without sleep and having three boys to care for while low on sleep is daunting. The last month of pregnancy I wasn't sleeping much anyways so it prepared me a bit. I do nap when I can and actually have been able to get all three down at the same time the last few days which is awesome.. Doesn't let me get any house work done but definitely helps. I remember this when we went from one to two kids that I had a few weeks of a messy house while I figured out how to manage it all. For right now the first floor of my house stays clean while the second one doesn't and vice versa lol. 

I have started trying to venture out of the house more. Going to the store is tricky. There aren't carts big enough to hold all three. I really need to baby wear or make my oldest walk more. I like confining him to the cart though because the whole trip ends up more stressful if he has free reign of the store. Last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch about an hour away. Everyone did well. I'm really thankful I have gotten so comfortable nursing in public because that's the only way it makes outings less stressful. 

Overall things are going well. Thank you for all the sweet comments on our littlest man. We can't wait for him to meet more of our family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment