Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Brothers

My boys fight often. There is always some sort of argument about who had it first.. Who isn't sharing or taking a turn... Or doing it right.. My house is loud with tattling.. Shouting matches..and wrestling over something.. I can only imagine what it will be like when the baby is old enough to be added to the mix.

There are many times that the the older one is wanting his space or privacy and the middle one doesn't understand to give it to him. There are fights for attention and spats created because of age differences. There are sometimes jealousy issues or "pretend" fighting taken too far. I say all of this to preface the awesomeness I get to witness in my boys having each other as brothers. It's not always nice..or calm or pretty but the moments I get to witness are so very special.


They love each other.. Most days.. Some days they have to be reminded that they do. The middle one is always sad to see big brother leave to preschool. But the excitement he has when he knows it's time to pick him up for the day? Such a special excitement... Or the way big brother defends and protects middle dude? In a public setting with other kids around I have heard on several occasions , the older one tell the other big kids to be careful or to be nice to his little brother. I have also seen in public settings where they may be playing separately but always have an eye out for each other. They are each other's biggest fan and will cheer each other on. Middle dude is in a vocabulary explosion right now and every time the oldest hears him say something new he runs to hubby or I to make sure we heard it too. At the bouncy house place the other day.. Middle dude was climbing the big one for the first time and oldest dude was with him every step of the way. Middle one idolizes everything big brother does and wants to do as he does.

Then there is watching them with baby. They both love making him laugh and smile. They love on him and kiss him several times a day. When he rolled over for the first time big brother was cheering him on and middle brother was rolling over himself to get him to do it again. 

I'd give anything to have my brother back. We drove each other crazy and disagreed on many things.. But he was there..he showed up to every one of my games when I was in sports to cheer me on.. He held my hand and listened on the floor of my closet when I was in tears over a fight with a boyfriend. He hugged me and told me how pretty I looked on my wedding day. He was the first one at the hospital when my first two were born. 

I pray my boys are always close and that they always maintain a relationship.. I hope they are always a blessing to each other and I so look forward to what their future brings them...and I thank God everyday for not only putting them in my life but putting them in each other's.


No comments:

Post a Comment