I should probably preface all of this by saying that I don't mean to sound like I am complaining. I love having all my littles.. I love that I get to stay home with them by choice. But I need an outlet sometimes. I am almost 5 months into the whole being a mom to 3 thing. Some days I feel invincible and yeah I can do this. Other days .. Well I don't know what day of the week it is.. Or I feel lost and like I am always playing catch up.
Then there are the weeks that sickness and illness creep in. And I have had enough of all that. This winter has been a bad one, with a new virus or something showing up almost weekly. I half expected it with the older little dude starting preschool but not to this extent. And then with all the scary news stories of various illnesses being more dangerous than normal.. And having three kids? It becomes a merry go round of each one traveling through the five of us...sometimes a new round of something starting before the other one has finished.
Then there is the unpredictability of the these little minds I am raising. It was one thing doing it with two .. But now a third is thrown in .. Needs are everywhere.. It's an obstacle course trying to get everyone's needs and wants met. Some days they all nap beautifully.. Eat right.. And play well together.. Other days.. It's tantrums .. Tears .. And screaming matches.
So here I am.. Learning and navigating along the way. I know in the future I will look back on these days of motherhood fondly.. Longing for the days when my boys were little with the needs of a child.. But right now? So some weeks it all gets done.. Others my house isn't as clean as it should be.. Some days I fit a workout in.. Other days I chose a nap.. Most days I'm sleepy.. Some days I need a drink.. But all days? All days are worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment