Thirteenish years ago... For Valentine's Day my husband and I were in a crowded restaurant with a group of people.. But we were each there "with" someone else as our "date". Wait what? The people closest to us know about that scenario and how and why things ended up the way they did.. But after it all .. And all these years later I know everyday that he's exactly the person I am supposed to be with.
I always hesitate writing about my marriage or marriage in general because I don't want to make it seem like our marriage is perfect or that I know all there is to know about marriage because I don't. But here is what I know. No marriage is perfect. There are arguments.. And flaws and hard stuff.. There are things that are annoying and unsettling. There is growing and changing that needs to happen. And all of this takes place at different times and in different ways for each couple.
But here is what I know about my situation.. We have been faced with good and bad and sickness and health already in the time we have been married. My husband has seen me through so much good and some bad. He held my hand and made me comfortable through the extreme morning sickness of all three pregnancies.. He has held my hand through three labors and cheered me on through the pain...he has held me through heartbreak and tears and grief.. He listens earnestly if I want to talk about my brother for hours. He has listened to me through everything and told me when I need to stop ..or told me when I'm wrong..he has supported me through any and everything. He promises me that everything is always going to be okay because he will do anything in his power to make it that way. He knows me better than anyone else in the world and the best part.. He loves me anyway.
He gives me great foot rubs.. Always takes out the trash.. He opens my jars and wine bottles...he watches my girly movies and tv shows.. He eats my cooking ..good or bad.. And extra bonus? He's one handsome green eyed dude.
He also made me a momma to the greatest little dudes. And watching him be a father takes my love for him to another level. We sat together in the dark the other night and folded 30 some valentines for our sons parties.. We laughed and reflected on how different our Valentines our compared to years past. It was wonderful.
So this weekend .. I celebrate my valentine.. My husband.. I thank God for him. I don't know where I'd be without him. Happy Valentines Day and cheers to the weekend.
" people fall in love in mysterious ways...maybe it's all part of a plan.." (Ed sheeren)





No comments:
Post a Comment