This little cutie is growing at lightening speeds. He is the biggest of the three at this age in both height and weight. Around this age is when the other two started slowing their rapid growth so let's see how this dude does it. He is still a great sleeper at night. He goes down pretty easy and with the exception of maybe a dream feed or two he stays sleeping and even sleeps in later than his big brothers. Naps are a whole different story. It's like he's trying to keep up with his brothers or simple drive me crazy but he has a hard time napping now. He will pass out for maybe twenty minutes at a time and then be re energized all over again.
He is officially a solid food eater. So far we've tried pears, sweet potatoes, bananas and apples. He thinks all of them are the pretty great with the exception of pears. I'm going the puréed route like I did with his brothers and all is well so far. He is still nursing like a champ and is exclusively breast fed. I mentioned on social media the other day how it's going to be a sad day for me when I am past the nursing babies stage of my life. I've been nursing or pregnant since the beginning of 2010 with no break in between so my body will probably breathe a sigh of relief when I'm done but my heart will hurt a little.
He is becoming much more aware of his surroundings. Before he'd always look at the dog with confusion but now delights in seeing him jump around. He loves his big brothers although sometimes gets annoyed by middle brother since he crowds his personal space so much. Middle dude doesn't fully get the concept of personal space yet. He also loves his blocks and mirrors and has mastered the selfie with mama because he thinks that baby is smiling back at him.
He also still loves being carried. We primarily use the ergo since my stretchy ones don't hold him as well due to his weight. He rolls but doesn't like being flat. He wants to sit up and see the world that way. Overall he is still my laid back little dude. Happy six months little man!


No comments:
Post a Comment