Sunday, June 7, 2015

Finding Balance

Sitting here on a Sunday night and I'm reflecting on the past week and looking forward to what the new week will bring. We jumped two feet into summer break and are trying to make the most of it. But with my thoughts tonight.. I keep coming back to one concept.. Balance...

I feel like life is a constant battle of finding balance. Balance in parenting.. You want to give everything to your children but don't want to spoil them. You want to be able to teach them and prepare them for life but don't want to see them hurt or struggling.. You want to give them experiences and fun but want them to understand that not everything comes easy. You want them to eat healthy .. But sometimes it's just about getting them to eat in general ... 

There's balance in your marriage.. Trying to make sure you are on the same page while still keeping your own identity. Trying to master the art of compromise while not giving up what you believe in.  It is a constant battle of figuring out time to spend alone.. Without the kids.. How much is too much or too little...

There's balance for yourself ... You need to take care of yourself to be a healthy mom ..a healthy wife.. What's the balance on how much time you take for yourself.. To do the gym.. Or shop.. Or socialize without kids.. What is the balance and who determines the scale on that?

Then there is the balance in everything else.. Financially.. You want to make sure you save for the future while still enjoying the fruits of your hard work.. How about with technology? Technology is so awesome for many things.. But sometimes it's good to unplug and take a step back. 

I fail at keeping balance so many times. I go out with friends and usually carry guilt for leaving my family.. Hubby and I will have a date night but I feel like we should rush back to the boys. I know not everybody struggles with these specific things but struggle with balancing certain aspects in your life is there for everyone ... 

So how about we (morse so I ) just focus on taking it day by day. Do what feels right at the moment and go with it. I'll learn from it and adjust my scale of balance accordingly. Enjoy the people in my life, both family and friends that bring me happiness and just go with it. And most importantly.. Remind myself that what may balance out for me on my hypothetical scale might be completely different from those around me.. And that is okay..

No comments:

Post a Comment