Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Baseball Mom

I have been quiet around here lately so I have missed updating some happenings going on in our life. One major happening I wanted to document was our oldest dude having his first t-ball season. In previous years he had done instructional programs for t-ball but never actually played games. He was finally old enough this year and was pretty excited for it. We are a sports loving family and although will never force it upon any of the boys we do want them to try and experience and find out for themselves if and what they are into.
 


I played softball growing up.. my brother played baseball growing up. It is something that I was secretly hoping our sons would be into because it is what I know. To this day we love going to games.. local, AAA, and of course major league when we have the chance.

But since finding out for the first time that we were having a boy, I pictured my little boy in his mini uniform learning the details of playing the game. Now that we have three boys my chances of at least one of them liking it increased so of course this mama heart was happy.

So my oldest started this spring and loved it. He has genuine interest. He looked forward to every game and practice and made some wonderful friends. He would get disappointed when they got rained out which happened several times with the heavy rains this spring. He learned and gave it his all and came a long way.

We enrolled him in a church league. It has just the right amount of competitiveness while still being fair and fun. They pray over the players and coaches every game and overall just has an awesome atmosphere. Hubby was a coach as well which made it a bit more exciting. We are blessed to have met other awesome t-ball families that make it even more fun.

I of course took a million pictures. I loved every moment of the season.

 



I am one proud mama. I look forward to many more seasons... but if for any reason he one day changes his mind and doesn't want to play tball.. I will let him explore other things and activities. I will never pressure him. I am glad that for now he made me a baseball mom... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment