July was and is going to be a rough month for me most years. It is my birthday month.. my brother's birthday month and the month of his anniversary of his passing. So many emotions. Especially this year.. I turned thirty.. which seems like a big milestone age where all I want to do is analyze the future a whole bunch. My brother's birthday came and that is so hard... it marks the last time I talked to him and it is a reminder that he is forever 24.. then with the anniversary of his passing fifteen days later ... ahh.. so many feelings..
We had a busy month with the Fourth of July holiday and our beach trip.. I was overscheduled with birthdays and playdates and a baby shower. I also got to go to an amazing country music concert. It was so much fun! I normally love being over scheduled. I prefer being overwhelmed rather than underwhelmed. When I have too much time with my thoughts.. its not fun. But woah it was stressful this month.
| we saw lady antebellum with hunter hayes and sam hunt |
So I welcome August. It saddens me to have my oldest start pre school. This is his last year before he will be in school all day. He is growing so fast. But he does really well in a school setting. He needs to be social and challenged.. He is just that way. He chose a backpack and his water bottle. He also grew like a weed so we still need to get him some items to wear along with new shoes. But with school starting it forces us to be on a schedule. Even though I like the free easy days of summer.. we thrive on a schedule .. at least I do..
August is also hubby's birthday. I'm looking forward to celebrating him. He turned the big thirty last year but since I was 100 weeks pregnant at the time we didn't get to do much besides dinner. I want to celebrate him and the awesome man he is.. and the fact that he has a lot of awesomeness going on with his career. I'm so proud of him.
August also means we have our fantasy football draft. Football season cannot get here soon enough. I am the defending champion in our league (a league where I am the only girl by the way) so its a big deal. Football season cannot get here soon enough. I love hibernating in our house every Sunday to watch every game. We both have high hopes for our teams. Check back in with me mid season and I'll revisit my hopes on that.
So onto August. I hope the summer temps take it easy on us. Good bye July and Happy August in a year that is flying by....



No comments:
Post a Comment