Today we did something I pinned recently. I am not quite sure who to credit because I found several pins of people doing the same thing so...
Any ways.. today we did some bubble painting. We attempted it two ways.
First way was to fill a few different cups with half a cup of water. Then I colored the water with food dye. Obviously the more dye the more vibrant the colors. Then I added a couple of squirts of dish soap. We took the cups outside with some straws and paper. I had the boys put a straw into the mix and blow a bunch of bubbles. Warn them though.. sometimes when they go to catch their breath in between the blowing the end up inhaling some of the solution.. Middle dude may or may not have done this a few times.
Then when the bubbles get nice and big you flatten a paper on top and the bubbles make an imprint and color.
Another method we tried is to simply add dye to bubble solution. I poured some solution in a cup and added the dye there. I didn't want to add dye directly to a bubble bottle just because I over think things and imagined a boy getting a hold of the bottle not knowing it was a dyed solution and spilling it on carpet or something...
Any who .. for this the boys simply got a bubble wand and blew bubbles like normal. I had to direct them to blow closer to the paper so the bubbles would land on them and make an imprint. There is a reason we did this outside though because both solutions ended up on the concrete. (it did wash away easily)
We were pretty pleased with how the project turned out. The boys did prefer the method of using the straw to blow big bubbles into the solution.
Anytime we do activities like this.. I like to add conversation into the scene. Ask questions on what colors they are using.. why do they think it came out a certain way.. point out differences.. etc.. I absolutely love that I am able to see the differences in the methods and direction since I have different ages to observe.
Happy painting!






No comments:
Post a Comment