Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tailgate Tuesday!

I am linking up today with Erin on her all things football party.

 If you know me personally you know that we are all things football in this household. Pre-season is here and time can not pass quick enough for opening weekend.

A few things about football in our house...

-Hubby and I like different teams. I am Go Cowboys all the way.. Husband is... wait for it.. Go Bills all the way. Well I live in Texas and grew up with Cowboys so there's that.. Husband on the other hand? I'm not sure. But this year Buffalo and Dallas play each other. This only happens once every four years so it is a big deal for us. Most Sundays we are able to watch each other's games because they play at different times but sometimes we are in different rooms of the house watching our games.

-Hubby and I are also big time into fantasy football. Husband has been for awhile but I only recently got into maybe with in the last five years. I joined his male only league a few years back and had to prove myself. I actually one the whole thing last year! We haven't drafted yet ..it is coming up in a few weeks. I do know that I have pick number 6. Fantasy football forces you to focus on all the games and learn all the players. It makes it so fun!

-We also are into college football. We are fans of our local UT Longhorns. We have made it up to Austin a few times and participated in the whole tailgating fun. It is such a fun atmosphere.

-Speaking of going to games.. we have been to several football games. Some in the older stadium in Dallas and of course a few in the new monster of a stadium they have now. Hubby has made it to Buffalo once and has been able to Buffalo at a few other stadiums as well. Making it to Buffalo more often is a priority for us!

-Having three boys we are interested to see if they will show any liking at all. I must admit that I am terrified of letting them play but we will see... so far older dude will pay some small attention to when we watch. But they all definitely like sporting the gear and have chosen to side with Daddy on their favorite teams. Well at least the older two have.. maybe I can convert youngest dude to stay on my side!

For us there is summer.. spring.. and Football season. Happy Football Season!


5 comments:

  1. Haha, that ref meme is hilarious! That's tough being in a house divided! I grew up in a Michigan / Notre Dame household. My mom won out with all 6 kids - we're all ND fans! But my dad won in the fact we all hate Ohio State! haha Thankfully, I married an ND fan, so hopefully all our kids will be fans too. I hope your youngest will be a Cowboys fan for you!!!

    Stopping by from Erin's! You should link up with us for Tuesday Talk this week (and every week!) - several hosts are doing the football theme with Erin. We'd love to have you! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I can't imagine a divided house like that - haha, there would be some fights during football season for sure ;) Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a house divided, too! Bengals and Jets! We've been to see them play one another once in Cincy and once in New York. Always keeps things interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A house divided?!! I can't even imagine! Haha! Caleb and I have a mutual love for our Cincinnati Bengals!!! Just can't help it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his expression. You can just hear his laugther

    ReplyDelete