Wednesday, September 16, 2015

12 Months and a Birthday

Well it came.. my littlest dude turned a year old. I'm so happy for the blessing of a birthday but... it is bittersweet that my sweet boy rapidly went through his baby phase and now here we are.

Over the last few months he has just moved moved moved. Crawling.. climbing.. and cruising.. He wants to keep up with everyone and needed to learn a way to get to mama when she is out of the room for whatever reason.




He is such a good eater and I really hope he stays that way. He likes his fruits and veggies and is willing to try most things. When one of my other boys is the pickiest dude on the planet I am excited for this fact. He is still nursing although his sessions are becoming shorter and less frequent.. unless of course it is in the middle of the night ;). He is drinking water out of a sippy and this past week I introduced just a bit of whole milk to make sure his belly would tolerate it. So far so good. I have to watch him closely because he tries to steal their food and some of the things he is just not ready for.

He is all about his brothers and just wants to be where they are. He thinks he's big boy and will go insert himself in whatever they are doing and babble along and giggle. Makes this mama heart happy.

His sleep has been hit or miss. He will have really good nights. Then something will throw a wrench in it. He is popping out teeth like crazy.. up to 8 I think so that pain along with his buckets of drool make sleeping peacefully a hard feat.

So far he likes balls and trucks or cars. He will run cars along and make some vroom noises. He will go to the tiled parts of our house and take a few balls with him. He will throw and bounce them over and over on the tile and giggle and "talk" a whole bunch.

This past weekend we had a small party of friends and family to celebrate him. He got a bit overwhelmed with everyone and freaked out when we sang Happy Birthday. But he had fun and was excited. Later on at home when his brothers helped him open presents I felt all the feelings as I watched him. He was processing everything. Moving from bag to bag.. getting excited.. talking to his toys.. watching his brothers.. He is no longer a baby .. he is this little person that I am so excited to see grow even though my heart aches at how fast it is all happening.

Happy Birthday to my littlest dude. You have brought so much to this family. You hold a place in my heart that can only be filled by you. It is a such a blessing to be your mama. Love You <3


No comments:

Post a Comment