This weekend marks the end of summer for me. I get out of the summer state of mind when school starts again for the kiddos. I am fully aware of how hot it still is outside but my mind is looking forward. A friend sent me some pictures from a beach day from the beginning of the season the other day. It seems like forever ago when it really was just a few months. Weird how that time concept works. So many of us talk about how fast time goes but sometimes we just put that on ourselves. We are so busy trying to survive some days.. some weeks that we forget about the little things we do..the little experiences etc. We look back on memories.. on pictures and amaze ourselves with the tricks time plays on us.
This summer we had a fabulous time. We made memories. The older boys got even more comfortable with their swimming skills. The younger dude showed how comfortable he is in the water. We did a beach day with friends. We drove further out and enjoyed a beach week and had such an amazing time and came home with awesome tans. We visited some family in Dallas and enjoyed our time there. We had our local experiences. A new children museum opened here so we took full advantage. We had awesome zoo days with friends. (one with family too!) We had fun playdates..some that included water play that added that much more fun. Splash pad days...pool days.. and enjoyed days with our new water slide.
We tried new restaurants.. Hubby and I had some awesome date nights and date days too. I spent some fun time with friends that included a concert and a float down the river and some lazy mornings with our kids and coffee.
This isn't all to show off or make it seem like my summer was better than yours or not as good as yours or what not. Its to recap and realize that summer is coming to an end. I will never get this summer back with my kids or my family. Next summer my kids will be another year older and new memories will be made. I want my children to look back on their memories and have some thing to hold onto from each season.
This summer we turned another year older. This summer we marked another anniversary of my brother leaving us to go to heaven. So while the concept of time always scares me because it carries so much unknown with it.. I feel at peace that we made the most of our time.. that we had a fun fullfilling summer and look forward to the next season...








No comments:
Post a Comment