Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Mom Label

I am normally around many moms throughout any given week. I am a part of a few playgroups.. they are there at preschool drop off and pickup.. I meet  families through some of the extra curricular activities.. I come across them on all of my social media feeds.. and there are always labels.. or types of moms. And they are all different...

Some post endless amounts of pictures of their kids.. some share every moment.. some people don't post about their kids at all or rarely do. The moms in person, I learn do all things differently. From disciplining to what foods they allow.. to how much screen time they allow. How they dress them.. who they let watch them..how hands on etc. Laid back mom.. helicopter mom.. we don't do santa mom.. public school mom.. private school mom.. you get the picture?

Then there are articles that come out.. blog posts, magazine articles, new feeds, where there is someone writing something defending their stance on one or some of the above. This is why we do things this way and why it is right for our family, or this is what works for us, or some are more blatant with this is why my way is the right way.

But why the need for all of that? We all do things differently. Some maybe more similar than others but no two moms do things the exact same way because all circumstances are different. Each child is different. Each mom is unique in their own way.

I could easily write about each one of the things mentioned above, what school we send our kids too.. how and when I let my boys have their tv time and go on and on. But here is the thing.. My ways of doing things have changed with each kid. I had to learn as I went along and I had to adapt to each kid because they are all so very different from each other..

But here is what I have learned matters as far as what type of mom I am....

I am the mom that loves my boys unconditionally.. I am the mom that apologizes for my mistakes. I am the mom that even though I may make mistakes, I always have their best interest at heart. I am the mom that will always be my sons biggest fans. I am the mom that gives hugs and kisses endlessly throughout the days. I am the mom that has wonderful patience for some things while needing to work on my patience for others. I am the mom that fails miserably some days but attempts to learn from them and move on.

 I am the mom that is trying my hardest every darn day.. and I think that no matter what stance we have on things.. we at least have that in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment