The ultrasound showed everything measuring on track and correct. We are super grateful for healthy baby and that all looks well.
So onto the 20 week update. In a previous post I mentioned that I got bronchitis a few weeks ago. Coughing up a lung while toting around a decent size belly is not fun. My chest hurt.. all of the coughing made my entire body hurt. All of the coughing triggered my already sensitive gag reflex and made it very hard to keep anything down. It all ended up at an overnight ER trip because I couldn't get my breathing right and also ended up seriously dehydrated. They fixed me up but with my weakened lungs I am still dealing with a slight cough and I get exerted very quickly.
My cravings have changed a bit. I still need my skittles lol. A few friends surprised me with some bags of purple skittles that I mentioned in my last post and I love having a stock for my daily need. But I have transitioned to salty cravings. Pretzels... sunflower seeds.. Nuts..
I did seem to go through a growth spurt because the non maternity tops I was getting away with are getting shorter and shorter. Speaking of maternity clothes... I mentioned in my last bump update that I needed a maternity bathing suit but didn't want to invest in one since it is my last pregnancy. Well some super awesome friends of mine surprised me with a gift card to a maternity store with instructions to specifically get a bathing suit. I went shopping shortly after and found a great one. (it was definitely needed because my current littlest dude decided that dad wasn't acceptable in his parent and me swim class... apparently only mom is)
We have gotten surprised with gifts for baby as well. Little outfits and such. Even my fourth time in I am in awe that I seem to forget how teeny tiny they are when they first come out.
Our current dilemma is a trying to find a name. We just can't decide on one. I think boy names are hard in general but the fact that we've had to come up with so many..lol...
Here's to a happy healthy second half of pregnancy.. praying for some of my energy to come back...
No comments:
Post a Comment