Monday, May 16, 2016

Bump Watch and a Name

This past weekend was glorious. Besides a tball game, it rained the entire weekend so we kept it low key and stayed home with the dreary skies pouring their hearts out. The boys kept themselves entertained and long naps were taken. I finished a book from beginning to end and we cleared our dvr out. It was wonderful. Coming into this week I realized I all of a sudden feel very pregnant. I'm getting the aches and pains and low pressure feeling. I am now at 24 weeks pregnant. Time is flying!

As far as the aches and pains go, I am assuming it is because my uterus has been very busy these past six years that it may be just worn out. Nothing too bad but when it is coupled with back soreness and some braxton hicks, I definitely need to sit down and rest it out. Movement has also gotten strong enough for others to feel on the outside. Littlest dude like to nap on my lap and rest his head on my belly but now he as some kicks trying to get him out of the way.

As far as cravings go, a big sweet tooth has hit. I want cookies, and ice cream, and candy. Don't worry I am keeping it at bay. I haven't reached ten pounds gained yet so I still feel comfortable. Other than that I am just insanely thirsty all the time.  I could also live on breakfast food.  That is my normal even when I am not pregnant but lately I find myself eating an egg on avocado toast several times a week.

Heartburn is not my friend but it sticks around and is very loyal to me while I'm pregnant. The old wives tale says that it means baby has lots of hair. And well the last three came out with tons of hair so I guess it is true. I get heartburn from water nowadays.

I will say that I am not looking forward to the summer. This pregnancy for whatever reason has left me so fatigued... so much more than ever before ...and just to know that I am going to be hugely pregnant in the dead heat of summer makes me cringe a bit. I really want to enjoy since it is my last go around but I wouldn't mind if the calendar said it was time for baby sooner than later.

We have finally come to a decision on a name. For a while there I was worried about not being able to come to one. We had some back up ones from the previous boys but nothing seemed to fit. But finally we have decided on:

                                           BRENDAN JUDE

All of my sons middle names start with J and have been after some important people in our lives. They all coincidentally are biblical. Although Jude isn't after anyone in our family, it is after Saint Jude. We found ourselves praying to him many times over these past six years when we lost a handful of people in our family.

And then there is my bump picture. Last tball season I had tshirt made for myself .. it has the team name and says "mom" with our last name on the back. Well a sweet mama friend from our team had a maternity one made for me the same way so I could have something for this season. I love it!

Third trimester, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment