Today marks the three year anniversary of my wedding to my wonderful husband. It also marks six years total of being together. Marriage means different things to different people. Some people have certain beliefs of what it is and how marriage should work and of course different things work for different people.
Before I was married, I was unsure about marriage. People around me and certain situations left me wondering if there really was just one person in the world that was going to make me happy for the rest of my life. My questions and feelings were all answered by my husband.
Our marriage is by no means perfect. We fight, we challenge each other, and sometimes just simply don't get along. At the end of the day, the good outweighs the bad by far and everything always ends up alright.
When it came to the wedding, I was so nervous about my vows. We wrote our own vows. I had so many things to say but couldn't put it into anything making sense. I work well under pressure so wrote them last minute. I didn't have anywhere to put them or anyone to give them to hold at that point so I put them in my bra! Everyone kind of laughed when I took them out mid ceremony. I was so nervous because I wanted them to be perfect. I wanted my husband to know that I was entering this marriage with peace of mind and a full heart. I wanted him to know that no matter what obstacles come to us I chose him to be my partner and I promised to always remain by his side. I wanted him to know that I will always love him, support him, and believe in him.
I still feel the same way. If anything I am more sure of my decision to marry him and am more in love with him now than I was before. Watching him be a father contributed to that.
I thank him for choosing me. I thank him for loving me at my best and at my worst. I thank him for supporting me even when I don't deserve it. I am incredibly blessed to have my husband and thank the Lord for him everyday.
Happy Belated Anniversary :)
ReplyDelete