All last week I kept telling myself that I couldn't believe it was already Thanksgiving time. I can't understand the speed at which this year has gone by. My family got here and we went grocery shopping for the big dinner. At the store it was when it hit me. The store is all decked out in Christmas decor. I started paying attention to what was in people's carts. People all around were preparing for the dinner. Carts were being loaded with all sorts of foods, baked goods, blow up mattresses for visiting family, and Thanksgiving and Christmas decor. Thanksgiving is here and Christmas is knocking on the door. Thanksgiving is somewhat different this year with where everyone is celebrating it in our extended family but none the less it is being celebrated with everyone in spirit. So much to be thankful for...
I am thankful as always for my family. We may not always see eye to eye on things but at the end of the day its about the big things.
I am thankful for the home we have. There is the materialistic way of being grateful for our home and the fact that we have a room for our son, a yard for him to play in and a kitchen for me to cook for my family in. But more importantly its the home that we have with each other and for each other. I'm thankful for the security I have knowing that my little family surrounds me and that at the end of the day I fall asleep to my two main men. :)
I am thankful for our health and sanity and safety. There are so many bad things in the world and unfortunately all of these don't last.
I am thankful for the food we are blessed with everyday and especially the food we will get to eat on this wonderful holiday...and the football we get to watch while eating it.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband and all that is he and all that he does. He is such a wonderful partner and husband, and friend and supporter, and father. He is so much more than I could have hoped for in a husband.
I am thankful for my son. This past year of being a first time mom has been amazing. Being a parent can be overwhelming and scary at times but the joy and happiness it brings completely surpasses any bad. I am thankful for the little person he is and who he is becoming. I am thankful for being able to stay at home with him and experience all the little moments I get to each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment